Caring for your Turkish Towel
- Wash or soak your Turkish Towel before use. Turkish cotton has long fibres, and washing/soaking your towel opens up these fibres, allowing them to absorb water.
- Tassels can come unravelled with washing and use, so we recommend tightening each tassel before your first wash.
- Normal wash at 30 degrees with regular detergent
- It is best to wash your towel on a cycle with less than 800 spins per minute, as higher spins can cause your tassels to unravel.
- Turkish Towels are quick drying, so we recommend avoiding the tumble dryer or using a low setting.
- Fabric softener is not recommended because it leaves residue on the fibres which reduce absorbency. Adding a cup of vinegar to the wash every now and again removes residue and improves absorbency.
- Iron can be used
- To re-tie your tassels that have come unravelled, make two sections and twist each section clockwise till fully twisted. Take each section and wrap around each other in an anti-clockwise direction till fully twisted around each other. Tie a knot at the end.